Sunday, November 21, 2010

Picture Chaos...

Chaos:
–noun
1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases.
3. the infinity of space or formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.
4. (Obsolete) a chasm or abyss.
 
What kinds of things would fit under definition #1?
  1. A Prison Mutiny
  2. A tornado
  3. An earthquake
  4. Armageddon
  5. Eight Children in the Nursery today.
What kinds of things would fit under definition #2?
 
  1. A Greek wedding
  2. The main room in the Mental Hospital circa 1900
  3. Your first time using mass transit in a third world country.
  4. Listening to eight children in the Nursery today.
What kinds of things would fit under definition #3?
 
  1. The Gulf Oil spill of 2010.
  2. My mind after being in the nursery today for almost 2 hours.
What kinds of things would fit under definition #4?
  1. The Grand Canyon
  2. The Mariana Trench
  3. What I would gladly have jumped into when I realized I still had 1/2 hour to go.
Yup. It was that bad. 
 
Did you know that changes in barometric pressure will send a child into hyperactive outer space? Just heard that today from an experienced grade school teacher who also happens to be our Primary Chorister.

I believe it. I have a testimony of it. 
 
Going to go spend some time in my nice, quiet, orderly, dark, hall closet now. Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, parents like me are so SO so grateful Sunday after Sunday for good nursery leaders. I don't know how I'd get through church every Sunday if there was no nursery.
    It will be easier as time goes by. And hey, it's only two hours a week. Just keep telling yourself that: two hours a week equals several solid gold bricks in the building of your heavenly mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your too funny! I am glad my kid wasn't one of the chaos contributors today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL! Nursery is seriously one of the most difficult callings...primary chorister takes a close second (for me, anyway, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree everything that Womna said. I owe nursery workers big time. They are a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete