Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wedding Quilt Continued - The Cutting/Sewing of Block #1

I'm a marathon sewer. When I start it's hard to stop. I just keep going, and going and going. I've had people ask me, "Are you sure that you'll be able to finish this quilt by the wedding?" which is now less than 3 weeks away? The answer is, "No problemo! Unless I get deathly ill, injured or die, it will be done in the time allotted and probably earlier." It's my nature. I only get slowed down by 'sewer's block' which is similar to 'writer's block': when inspiration is thin and/or mangled or I lose interest in a project.

Okay, Monday was the washing day.

Tuesday was the cutting day for Block #1. I started after dinner and finished before 9 pm.

There are two main blocks, when laid alternately, create the overall pattern, or movement in the design.

 
All totaled for Block #1 x 13 plus 8 half blocks and 4 quarter blocks there are 697 pieces.

Wednesday was sewing Day for Block #1. I was going to take pictures of the process but I got lost in it and forgot.



There are 13 full size blocks (12" x 12" finished - 37 pieces each), 8 half blocks (6" x 12" finished - 21 pieces each), and 4 quarter blocks ( 6" x 6" finished - 12 pieces each).

697 pieces have now been reduced to 25.
Tonight it looks like the Greek Festival for dinner so probably no cutting for block #2 until tomorrow, unless...unless I have time when I get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment