Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding Quilt Continued - Putting it all together

One week ago today I started cutting.
At 8:30 this evening I put the final border on and it's ready for the quilter.

It has been asked if the definition of madness might be to take a perfectly good piece of cloth and cut it into hundreds of little pieces, then sew them back together again.

I'm not completely convinced that they might not have a point there. (Double negative intended)

Block 1 pieces -          697
Block 2 pieces -          588
First border pieces -        7
Final border pieces -  +   4
           Grand Total - 1,296 pieces

I've participated in greater madness than this, and will probably continue to do so. I find it oddly therapeutic. Which may well confirm the diagnosis.



*Very Deep Sigh*

2 comments:

  1. That's SO pretty. And it looks really nice in your room! Are you sure you want to give it away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! I can't believe all those little pieces can turn into something so cool.

    ReplyDelete