Thursday, December 17, 2009

2009 Christmas Advent #15 (Late)

In 1989 we decided to move from No.CA to Utah...jobless...insuranceless...and try to make our way. We didn't do it without inspiration and guidance though. We knew it would work out okay but it would be really hard. My grandmother who had just turned 90 that summer graciously allowed us to live in her home with her during the interim. It was squeezy for about 9 months then we were able to get a home of our own (the one we're in now). I'm so grateful for a patient and loving grandmother. She was an angel then and is a real one now. She died almost 8 years later in her home with love all around her. My children got to know her and still remember her. This was written in a letter to my parents during that time. October 1989
I had it in my mind to write a nice long newsy letter but one of my beloved children is whining and writhing on the floor at my feet and occasionally kicking my chair. Another one has a full can of tinker toys and is trying to wake up Grandma Great by dumping them in her lap. Jason's cake for Pack meeting is staring at me and making me feel guilty because it needs to be frosted. Jeni's pants need a button and a patch, which I promised would be done last week. Jason's pants to his Halloween costume need to be cut out and sewn today because he has to dress up tonight for pack meeting. (So do I, for that matter, I think I'll be a harried housewife.) Stephanie's nose is running like a faucet and Daniel is mad at me because I asked him to pick up his mess BEFORE going out to play. (I must be out of my mind!) So this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment