Monday, December 7, 2009

2009 Christmas Advent #7

I'm not quite sure why "The Blanket" becomes so important to a child but I'm sure it has been so for thousands of years. This little crocheted blanket was made when I was pregnant with Jeni. It was the first attempt in many years to do something like that and the irregularities were very apparent. It ended up looking more like a trapazoid than a square but to this little girl it didn't matter at all. And did this warm a mother's heart? Yes, indeed. The blanket was dragged all over California and Utah in her childhood. It's been to Texas and who knows where else. It's still a part of her life. I'm so glad she has a piece of her childhood with her wherever she goes in this wide world, and that may be far and wide considering...


I hope she knows that a mother's love is packed in every strand.

No comments:

Post a Comment