Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2009 Christmas Advents #'s 18-25 just aren't going to happen

The rest of the posts just aren't going to happen. I'm going to post this for 18-25:

I love my family. I loved the time I spent with my children when they were small. I'm glad I took pictures. I'm glad I wrote things down. As for my regrets? I wish I had done more of those things and less of the selfish things that I did do.

Would I push rewind?

Probably not.

I look at Jeni, Al, Fitz and Swede and at the end of the day I'm just tired. There's a reason why most 50 year old women don't have small children. I love 'em! I adore 'em! They amaze me! I feel soft in the heart every day.

They wear me out.

And I'm thankful...that I'm not the one getting up for a 2 am feeding or a nightmare. With my door shut and the reduced hearing in my left ear (I usually sleep on my right side) I don't even hear it.

-------------------------------------------

The next few days are going to be a blur. I hate that. I'm going to be living on Motrin (for fever, aches and pains), Airborn, and Zicam. I'm keeping this bug at bay so far but it's a nasty flu bug. Just watching Jeni still coughing makes me KNOW I don't want this thing.

I have to work today, and part of tomorrow and plan and cook a Christmas Eve dinner for 17 the next day.

I'm looking for Christmas. I hope *it* finds me and the flu doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment